This Policy applies to personal information about individuals (shareholders, clients, vendors, suppliers, service providers, business partners, job applicants and employees) held by us. Dvote Services Sdn Bhd will only process your Personal Data in accordance with the PDPA, the applicable regulations, guidelines, orders made under the PDPA and any statutory amendments or re-enactments made of the PDPA from time to time as well as this Policy.
The PDPA requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your Personal Data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. The PDPA also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your Personal Data. In light of the PDPA, we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your Personal Data.
This Policy sets out the policies and procedures in handling your Personal Data and your agreement to the usage and processing of your Personal Data via the Dvote Online platform.
We may use your Personal Data collected to:
- Fulfil your requests for services and for related activities, such as service delivery, customer service and support;
- Provide our corporate clients with services and for related activities, such service delivery, customer service and support;
- Provide you with general meetings and corporate exercises notifications; and
- Comply with laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable to us.
- In collecting your Personal Data via Dvote Online, we also collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of device you are using, your unique device ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of internet browser, and information as to how you use Dvote Online (we do not collect precise information on the location of your device).
- By you submitting personal information of a third party to us, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their Personal Data to us and you have obtained their consent to the processing (including disclosure and transfer) of their Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
You have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct your Personal Data held by us. We have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data where as provided by the PDPA, the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons or where permitted under the PDPA, including where your Personal Data is being processed by us in order to discharge regulatory functions, providing you access and/or the right to make any correction to your Personal Data is likely to prejudice proper discharge of those functions by us.
We reserve our rights to charge for any costs related to and necessary for the processing of any request relating to your Personal Data.
- We may provide your Personal Data where required by laws/acts or where disclosure is necessary to comply with all applicable laws/acts, legal processes or queries from the relevant authorities and where reasonably required with no geographical boundary, where legally permitted.
We have provided appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of Personal Data by us, and disclosing Personal Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. These measures taken are to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
You should be aware, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
- We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the Personal Data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- By submitting your Personal Data to us, you consent to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy. We deemed that all Personal Data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your Personal Data.
- We reserve the right to update and amend this Policy from time to time at its absolute discretion.
- If you have questions or comments about Dvote Online’s administration of Personal Data, please contact us at 03-2276 6138.